Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pumpkin Carving With a Superhero and a Dragon

Bet you didn't think it was possible did you? Well it darn near wasn't. The dragon was wandering around aimlessly dragging out utensils and balls and random toys. The superhero was jumping around fighting imaginary foes tearing up the newspaper daddy had painstakingly put down to keep the floor somewhat clean.

Finally pumpkin carving commenced and it couldn't begin fast enough for Quinn. His job was going to be scooper of pumpkin guts. "Can I scoop now Dad? Can I scoop now?" Dad hadn't even gotten the top cut off yet. Patience is not a virtue of our oldest son. It was then that I realized this was probably the reason why I had never carved a pumpkin with my parents until I was probably in my 20's. They probably felt the same way.

In the end all was well and uneventful, Quinn did a great job at chief guts scooper and Dad did a good job carving the spooky pumpkins. The dragon, he was the supervisor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment